There are a lot of advantages that badge holders offer. These are ingenious devices made of plastic that aim to hold and protect identification cards. Small and large businesses have the option to let their employees use a badge holder to protect their ID cards.
Some ID cards are made from paper and the others from plastic. Paper ID cards wear out faster than plastic cards, but if they are not properly protected, any type of IDs may be lost or damaged. One of the main benefits of a badge holder is that it prevents the employees and students from having to replace their IDs frequently. To make sure everyone complies with the use of ID holders, organizations can hand them out to their members.
This amazing device provides many other benefits for companies and schools as well as other organizations. Some of them include:
1. If employees and students would have the same kind of badge holders, it increases professionalism and represents uniformity. This always makes a good impression to people who are not part of the organization. If employees and students have their own devices, every person will have a different way of displaying their identification. An outsider might view their organization as disorganized.
2. A badge holder helps prevent loss of ID cards. It also saves the user from the hassle of the long process involved in getting a new one.
3. Since a badge holder protects the ID from damage, this will help cut down ID printing expenses and human resource costs in the long run.
4. Color-coded badge holders can help to easily identify the department where the user belongs to.
5. It will help lessen the possibility of having an intruder within the organization’s premises if the ID is clearly displayed in a badge holder on the user’s clothing. This increases the safety of an organization.
Before deciding on the type of badge holder to purchase, it makes sense to identify its purpose first.
Simple Plastic Badge Holder
Sometimes, the badge holder is only required for one-time use, such as in conventions and trade shows. These events aim to minimize their expenses, so it would be ideal for them to use a simple clear plastic badge holder with a strap clip or pin. This convention ID holder is disposable and inexpensive. However, children may not be suited to use it because of its sharp pin.
Vinyl Badge Holder
When the ID card will be used for a long time, there is a thicker vinyl version of the clear plastic badge holder. Depending on the direction of the card, these badge holders are available in horizontal or vertical style. They can have badge clips or chains, but not every model fits both. For proximity cards or magnetic stripe cards, there are card holders that make the card lock into place. This badge holder is designed in a way that the magnetic stripe is exposed. Some employees need to swipe their badges a lot of times in a day, so this badge holder is suitable for them.
Some ID cards require the maximum type of protection to prevent it from being bent or damaged, so they use rigid card protectors. Smart cards with built-in computer chip and other sensitive cards use this kind of protector. This badge holder has a small cut out so the user can slide it out for use.
There are badge holders that have a reflective or glow in the dark feature, which aims to provide security in low light areas. For better visibility, armbands can be used with these holders. When identification credentials have to be clearly visible, woven badge wallets can be used.
Custom lanyards for name badges and trade shows with no minimum orders. Our customized lanyards,badge holders are high quality and priced right!